Saturday, April 19, 2025

One Shabbat



 It’s a Saturday afternoon after lunch, after kehila, and I am laying in bed in my first pair of shorts this spring. I want to read one of the books in the stack by my bed-- a collection of Berry’s agrarian essays? A Tozer theology work? But I can’t keep my eyes open. The sunshine coming through the back windows and onto the backs of my legs feels so delicious… and even though we live in one of the world’s capital cities, the light, far away rattle of plastic game pieces and the sporadic pleasant murmurings of the kids playing a board game is all I can hear from my room. On a breezy Shabbat afternoon, there are no cars racing down streets or highschoolers cheering, or construction machines clanging or bat mitzvah rehearsal DJs  blasting. Just quiet. A belly full of shawarma. And a yummy sunspot. And …zzz….





No comments: